We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with 8+ years of experience, and who can provide technical guidance as well hands on management for all product development within the company.
- Provide technical guidance as well hands on management for all product development within the company.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of 20+ engineers.
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Define standards & best practices to support agile development processes.
- Plan, track and estimate product development activities.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or customer requirements as per the product and/or marketing requirements document.
- Ensure that the product is fully and correctly defined and documented.
- Grow the internal information technology development organization; manage and recruit a multi-disciplinary high-performance technology team
- Ensure implementation of formal processes to support the product development process.
- Passionate about automated testing: Manage / drive testing - unit tests, system tests, regression.
- Act as a primary Interface with senior management and operations team.
- B.E/ B.Tech/Masters from any premier institute
- Total 8+yrs experience of which 4-8 years experience in the Ecommerce/Logistics Industry.
- Prior experience in a startup environment.
- Good communication & analytical skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Total industry experience of 4+ years building scalable and distributed software products and infrastructure.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on development experience on Python/PHP/C/C++/Java and Internet technologies with a track record of solid technical accomplishments.
- At least 5+ years of experience in managing software projects and people (multiple teams of 20+ engineers size).
- Prior experience in fast-paced/agile environments with high quality execution and solid track record of building technology teams/processes and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated management in end to end delivery of large IT projects - from design, estimation, planning / tracking, testing to production support
- ‘Out of the box thinker’ Must be a key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Solid technical fundamentals, ability to convert business requirements into technical design for web based applications
- Good knowledge of SOA Methodology and Governance.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies to meet the changing demands of scalability and usage.